Cummins' next generation environmental sustainability strategy looks out to 2050, setting quantifiable goals for 2030 along with visionary longer-term aspirations to 2050. The audacious and exciting strategy affects Cummins and our stakeholders positively. The strategy includes:
- Using natural resources in the most sustainable way possible
- Helping communities address their major environmental challenges
We will continue to evaluate additional actions throughout the coming decade.
Explore PLANET 2050
Cummins PLANET 2050 Targets:
Communities are better because we are there
- Net positive impact in every community where we operate
- Customer success powered by carbon neutral technologies that address air quality
- Carbon neutrality and near zero pollution in Cummins' facilities and operations
Using natural resources in the most sustainable way
- Nothing wasted
- Design out waste in products and processes
- Use materials again for next life
By 2030, we will:
- Reduce scope 3 absolute lifetime GHG emissions from newly sold products by25%.
- Reduce volatile organic compounds emissions from paint and coating operations by50%.
- Create a circular lifecycle plan for every part to use less, use better, use again.
- Generate25% less waste在设施和歌剧tions as percent of revenue.
- Reduce absolute water consumption in facilities and operations by30％.